Monday, August 24, 2015

Mix Templates

Hey everyone today I want to talk about mix templates and how to set one up and how to use one, so today I'm going to walk you through my work flow and tell you about how I set up my mix template and then maybe that will give you guys some ideas. So first thing I like to do when setting up a mix template is set up a master fader now for those of you who don't know what a master fader is it's a fader that all your sound passes through into the mixer. After I set up the master fader I like to start setting up all my tracks for my drums now for my songs I always put each drum on It's own channel so I make a kick track a snare track and so on, after I'm all done with that I like to make my guitar tracks bass tracks and then vocal tracks and then If I'm going to use any effects I make tracks for those. Next thing I like to do Is I always like to make a delay track and the reason why I like to is because I like to send my vocal track through a delay and then I like to add a reverb to that track also just so it stands up in the mix a little bit better. 

Next thing I like to do is put a compressor on the master fader and put a reverb so this is what I want you to start to think about is when your sitting down at your computer starting to set up your mixing template think about it as a mixing mixing board your sitting at and treat it like that because if you think of it that way your going to save a lot more time on make music then playing around have fun make some great music and remember to think like a producer cause sometimes thats what you have to do to make music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment