Saturday, July 18, 2015

Why Don't Use Digital Distortion

Hey everyone I have a great tip for you guys today I know I have been telling you guys to edit your tracks before you start mixing right and still keep that up but I'm going to give you a tip today that is going to save you a bunch of time on editing your tracks this really counts for guitars and bass but other instruments to like what ever instruments you can use distortion on.
So hears what you don't want to do is don't use digital distortion that comes with your DAW because it causes way to many HARMONICS in your DAW, and now some of you might be asking me what are harmonics harmonics are sound wave that are caused when you like pluck a guitar string so if you have distortion on your guitar it's going to be a bigger sound wave but if you don't use distortion then it's going to be a littler wave form now I'm not saying to stop using distortion I mean I'm a huge fan of it and I still use it in my songs all the time but just try not to use it in your DAW use a distortion pedal or a DI Box and hook that to your interface and then you will be set I hope this tip helped you and will save you some time from editing and more time to finish your song and making more music enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment