Thursday, June 25, 2015

Editing Tracks

Editing your tracks can be one of the most importing things you can do as a producer and this is one thing most people skip in your mixing work flow. If you don't edit your tracks people think you can just get ride of it with EQ but hear one thing you need to know sometimes you can't. And when you can't get ride of it with EQ you just wasted all your time trying to. The reason people don't want to edit is because they think it tacks to long I had a friend who was working on one of his songs and he played me the song one day and some things stood out in the song that did not sound good to me so I said after the song was over can I give you some tips and he said sure so I said there are some thing in there that don't sound good like breaths and all kinds of stuff are you planing on tacking those out and he said I'm tried to and I asked him did you edit the song and I know you guys know what he said yup he did not edit anything
He jumped right into mixing and I was thinking he could just tack it out with EQ so there a good point for you guys make sure you edit before you jump into mixing it will make your mix come together much Easyer and it will sound a whole lot better and you won't be struggling with trying to tack things out that don't belong there 
I know I've talked about editing hear on the blog before but it's one of the most importing thing you can do. Go out and make some good music 

No comments:

Post a Comment