Monday, June 22, 2015

3 Of My Best Mixing Tricks

Today I want to share with you some of my best mixing tricks that I use in all of my song and they always always help my mixes come together. The first one is tacking an EQ any EQ will work 5 band EQ 4 band EQ any EQ, and add a high pass filter to it and tack out 100 Hz that's a good starting point that's going to help clean up your mix a little more and help bring your instruments forwarded and you'll be able to hear what was not there before. After you apply that high pass filter you want to apply that high pass filter to all of your tracks exspeted your kick drum, and your bass guitar, once you apply that to all your tracks, your kick drum and your bass guitar are going to stand out in your mix a lot more and that's what you want. My next best mixing trick is getting ride of the 400 Hz rage so what your going to do is grab
Another EQ again this can be any EQ 
and roll of 400 Hz and then - 3dB for the gain and apply that same cut of EQ to all of your tracks and I mean all of them 
Once you apply that cut of EQ your mix should sound cleaner and you'll be able to hear instruments that where not there before. 
My next best mixing trick is to stack  
Vocal compression and what that mean I stack 2 compressor and add one to your vocal track and then add the other one underneeth and that should bring your vocal forwarded in your mix a lot more
You won't be fight your mix to bring your vocal forwarded because that's what where all looking for is to have our vocals sit ontop of your mix 

I hope there mixing tips helped you and if you have any other questions please 
Fell free to email me at anytime 
Thank you have a great day 

No comments:

Post a Comment